The Vitess Gran Allenamento takes place Sunday.
We’ve made this an official Club event as we’ve got a number of riders participating. If you missed the registration for this event and want to participate we have an ECC rider who is unable to attend but can sell/transfer his registration to you. Reply to this email if you are interested.
Join the Vitess mailing list to be notified of the next round in the Series: http://www.vitess.com/granallenamentoseries/
La Vuelta a Espana.
This is turning out to be quite the race! Alberto Contador is throwing everything he has at Joaquim Rodriguez. El Purito is taking every punch and dishing out some of his own pain along the way. It is EPIC! Be sure to catch one of the final stages this week on Sportsnet.
Tour De Halton
A second year charity ride in Halton region. Fundraising minimum is $250. Check it out here. There are 25km, 50km and 100km routes. If you’re participating please let us know so that we can connect all of the ECC riders.
Saturday, September 8
7am at Royal York & Lakeshore. Head west along Lakeshore for 60 minutes – ride as far as you can. Turn around at 60 minute mark and ride back. See how it goes!
Sunday, September 9
If you’re not participating in the Vitess Gran Allenamento be sure to get out and enjoy this late summer day.
The Week Ahead
A) Meet at The Kingsway and Twyford at 6:00am. The route changes daily – please email gary the night before you plan to ride to ensure we don’t leave without you.
B) Meet in front of Campbell’s Soup on Birmingham Street at at 6:00am. The route changes daily – please email chris the night before you plan to ride to ensure we don’t leave without you.
We’re still searching for a group ride leader in the city. But for those willing to travel a bit – it’s an easy ride from Etobicoke to the start line – Deborah Nixon and some others ride every Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at 6pm. Meet at Tim Hortons on Eglington (5503 Eglinton West near Satellite). If you’re late, ride up to Matheson and do the loop counter-clockwise to connect with the other riders.Here’s the loop on Strava.
Future Newsletter Topics
Fall Bike Sale
- September 9: Vitess Gran Allenamento Caledon.
- September 14 – 16: Centurion Canada in Collingwood. When you register please be sure to join the Etobicoke Cycling Club team.
- October: Fit For Heart charity ride in St. Catharines.
- June 2, 2013: Ride For Heart. We’ve formed an ECC team. Be sure to join us!
- June 8-9, 2013: Ride To Conquer Cancer. In 2012 we partnered with the fine folks at IMAX. In 2013 we haven’t confirmed their sponsorship yet but that’s not holding us back. And there’s no time like now to start your fundraising!